Winterkill??

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Korgüll

Winterkill??

Post by Korgüll »

Has anyone heard this band?

Ex-members of Slauter Xstroyes & Tyrant's Reign?!

Any good??
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

They are in my to-check-list for some time now, because of their Slauter Xstroyes connection. Haven't listened to any of their material yet.
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Days Of The Locust. My blog o' movies.
Fucking Åmål

Re: Winterkill??

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Korgüll wrote:Has anyone heard this band?

Ex-members of Slauter Xstroyes & Tyrant's Reign?!

Any good??
Haha.I never expected someone ever cared about Winterkill.Well i bought their first CD from 1995 ''A Feast For A Beggar'' and believe me or not if you love like me Slauter Xstroyes and Tyrant's Reign you will become crazy about this release.In this album Randy Barron sings(with his godly voice nearly unchanged so you know what to expect),the bass from Brent Sullivan makes miracles.I would be very absolute but for me Winterkill was maybe the best US band releasing album in the mid and late 90's(the whole US scene degraded after 1991).Sadly i have never heard their later works but this first CD is worth getting(although it might be difficult because it seamed to me like independent release).Just pure US power metal with some technical elements,pure talent,awesome songs from start to finish,voice=god,bass=god,technicity,no commercial any more needless to say.Just a classic 90's metal album for me. 8)
Helm

Post by Helm »

I wanted to check that out but I got spooked by reading interviews with their bassist where he said his newer bands after SE have nu-metal elements. But if it's worth it, then we shall track down!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Slauter Xstroyes were bloody great back in the day, so if this is even remotely similar, it should still be worth checking out. Thanks for the tip.
Ebony_Eyes

Post by Ebony_Eyes »

both Winterkill releases are great ones! They carry the great tradition of the legendary US bands, so I would reccomend them to you!