Manilla Road

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

What is your favourite Manilla Road release?

Invasion
1%
Metal
2%
Crystal Logic
54%
Open The Gates
17%
The Deluge
7%
Mystification
11%
Out Of The Abyss
2%
The Courts Of Chaos
1%
The Circus Maximus
No votes
Atlantis Rising
1%
Spiral Castle
1%
Mark Of The Beast
2%
Gates Of Fire
No votes

Total votes: 84

Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

One more for Crystal Logic....the songs, just the juggernaut of gem after gem...timeless. I love the rest. but this is the favorite....runner up Open The Gates.
DMR

Post by DMR »

I'm almost ashamed to admit I've never heard Crystal Logic. I'm going to hold off on voting until I acquire a copy. Of the Manilla Road albums I have heard, Mystification is my favorite.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Meh, I just had to vote for Crystal Logic, no matter how unoriginal it makes me feel. That being said, their best song is really "Into the Courts of Chaos". I also have a soft spot for Atlantis Rising...
UriahHeep

Post by UriahHeep »

Crystal Logic would be the obvious choice for a number of reasons. It's groundbreaking, ahead of its time, incredible selection of songs...

But I'm going to go with Mystification. I think it's the most evil sounding of all their albums. Then you have incredible melodic tracks like Children of the Night and Haunted Palace. 10/10
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

Crystal Logic- I know it's not the best Manilla Road album [they just can't stop recording awesome albums!] but it's the one I love the most.

We shall slay evil with Logic! Crystal Logic!

Most of the time, I can't think of anything more Heavy Metal than this lyric- or this album for that matter. A Man alone struggling to conquer the Void. Epic and deeply Human. Apart from the rather mediocre rock 'n roll song (feeling free again) everything else here is Heavy; the riffs are daaaark, the lyrics are profound and the insane laugh at the beginning of the Veils of Negative Existence is absolutely haunting. 1983 and, with this album, Manilla Road take their sit at the Order's side of the cosmic scales. Cirith Ungol sit at the other end.
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Days Of The Locust. My blog o' movies.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Let me be the first to vote for Spiral Castle as their best effort so far. Mostly for 'Born Upon the Soul/Sands of Time'.
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

Then let me add that Born Upon the Soul may be the single most powerful song by MR. It could go on forever. When I first noticed it at the end of the album and realized what the lyrics were about, it made my day/ month/ year- it asserted my belief that all those year of listening to music were not in vein- I was walking the right path.
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Brainbitter wrote:Then let me add that Born Upon the Soul may be the single most powerful song by MR.
I keep reading your user name as "Brainbiter".
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

Oh...it's a typo. :? It should have been -biter. Now it is.

Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Brainbiter wrote:Oh...it's a typo. :? It should have been -biter. Now it is.
Hooray! Have a pint of Brains Dark on me.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
DMR

Post by DMR »

I finally got a copy of Crystal Logic, and I have to agree with almost everyone else here, it is the best. Every song is great and memorable. I didn't even think Feeling Free Again was out of place, except for the lyrics.
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Hooray! Have a pint of Brains Dark on me.
Cheers!

peavy

Post by peavy »

The Deluge for me!
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

either crystal logic or mark of the beast. two completely different sounding albums, but mark of the beast is just simply fantastic in a way that they haven't done since (or before)
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

I've always found Invasion,Metal and Mark of the Beast to have interchangeable songs in that they could have pieced together completely rocking albums or completely weird acid trip albums if they had used certain songs together on an album but they decided to mix it up.