Non-urgent CD Inquiries (2012) READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I would call it 1/2 great. 1/2 the songs are psychedelic jamming that is fairly boring. and I like psychedelic jamming, so...
chatzial wrote:
Rob, have you listened to their 2nd CD? It's great too.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Does that look like an original Exumer - Possessed By Fire matrix to you?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Is that the up or the playing side ? Anyway no, the font looks little bit different and it's turned 180° compared to the original :?
Metalhunter

Post by Metalhunter »

chatzial wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:what is the matrix of the original Lazarus Sin CD?
I tried to scan front and back but the result does not help:

The matrix is read from the front of the CD :

DM - 88060 - 1 T 21 (last 2 digits are smaller)

and has also a bunch of symbols, which i don't know what they are, maybe another member that has it can explain.
Here's a scan from mine! Maybe bootleg or re-press??? I remember reading in an old "Heavy Oder Was" (Germany) magazine that the band did a re-press...anyone knows more about it???

slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

My original Lazarus sin looks like chatzials. I think chebanana or some other reseller sold it for $130, and they said there was 2 different legit pressings, and he said nobody knows which one came first. So both of those are probably legit. I would guess the one me and chatzial have is the first pressing due to the matrix design, due to the fact the few cds I have that have the same type of matrix design/ were pressed at the same plant, were from around 1988-89. There is also a greek bootleg and a reissue by the band from around 2007, which is on cdr.
Metalhunter

Post by Metalhunter »

slayerhatesusall2 wrote:My original Lazarus sin looks like chatzials. I think chebanana or some other reseller sold it for $130, and they said there was 2 different legit pressings, and he said nobody knows which one came first. So both of those are probably legit. I would guess the one me and chatzial have is the first pressing due to the matrix design, due to the fact the few cds I have that have the same type of matrix design/ were pressed at the same plant, were from around 1988-89. There is also a greek bootleg and a reissue by the band from around 2007, which is on cdr.
Thanks mate! I am absolutely certain that yours and chatzials is the first pressing!!!
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Metalhunter wrote:
slayerhatesusall2 wrote:My original Lazarus sin looks like chatzials. I think chebanana or some other reseller sold it for $130, and they said there was 2 different legit pressings, and he said nobody knows which one came first. So both of those are probably legit. I would guess the one me and chatzial have is the first pressing due to the matrix design, due to the fact the few cds I have that have the same type of matrix design/ were pressed at the same plant, were from around 1988-89. There is also a greek bootleg and a reissue by the band from around 2007, which is on cdr.
Thanks mate! I am absolutely certain that yours and chatzials is the first pressing!!!
If this helps, back in the '90s i had 3 copies of the L.S. CD and they all looked alike.
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Thank you, guys! My copy seems to be a bootleg :cry:
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Thanks from here also. Too bad I too have a bootleg. Would love to have the original CD.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

my copy is identical to chatzial & slayerhatesusall2.

interesting that the band sold a cd-r of this. By the way, I've lived in the town this cd came from for 7 years now I have never once seen a copy at any shop or the annual record swap held here. In that time I have met 2 locals that knew their music and they were amazed someone else did.
Osmi_Putnik

Post by Osmi_Putnik »

I was investigating a little bit more about Mausoleum Classix series because i was 100% shure that my Scavenger was genuine but then i saw other scans here and i asked questions from few people i believe...here's one of answers:

The Mausoleum Classics label got broken in 99 but they still got tons of CDs of their label so they decide to put a huge stock to a kind of a warehouse and they paied a rent for it! after some years they stop to pay and since a couple of years the stock came to the market but 1st just a few titles cause there is a huge pile of unopened boxes and it tookes a long time to check them all and organize everything!
So maybe some titles more will be find...

Of course there are some different pressings around! They were produced in Germany and Austria as well!

There are 3 different pressings of all the titles!

The 1st titles came with 58 titles on the backside of the booket (they were made in Austria)! But 9 titles:

704102.2 Steeltower Night Of The Dog
704103.2 Seargant Seargant
504104.2 Together Playing Games
704153.2 Made Axeman Made Axeman
704154.2 Torch Fire Raiser
704155.2 Faith Full Breath Gold`n GLORY
704156.2 Maggie's Madness on fire
704157.2 Wolf Edge of the World
704158.2 Steve Bad - Killing the night

of them were only for the american market but later they stopped to sell them and removed the titles from the booklets and the next pressings came out with 49 titles only!

So this 9 titles are the most rare releases of the Mausoleum Classics serie!

Also there is 1 pressing more without informations about the other releases - its just white!
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/QUICK-CHANGE-Cir ... _696wt_952

Does anybody know what the DS on the matrix area of the CD means? Is there some reason this CD is much cheaper than other copies on Ebay? (apart from the cuts in the back inserts - I can live with those).
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Probably a previous owner wrote their initials on it?
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

perishinflames wrote:Probably a previous owner wrote their initials on it?
Possibly. I will have to give that copy a pass then. Wanted a copy of that record but not for the other ebay prices.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

75 $ is a lot for it... looking for it too for some time and I think I have seen it go for less. Even on Allegro (polish auction site).