SOLAR EAGLE BOOTLEG LP + MORE STUFF....

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

This whole secrecy thing reeks of double standards to me. If you know who's pushing, not telling others who it is, is just protecting him.

I appreciate the warning and all, but without the IDs of the persons responsible, it doesn't help much. All it does is telling me to avoid all Greek sellers like the plague and that's hardly fair to the honest ones.
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

Khnud wrote:This whole secrecy thing reeks of double standards to me. If you know who's pushing, not telling others who it is, is just protecting him.

I appreciate the warning and all, but without the IDs of the persons responsible, it doesn't help much. All it does is telling me to avoid all Greek sellers like the plague and that's hardly fair to the honest ones.
What secrecy thing man? All infos were exposed.
It's up to u ,whatever u want to do with them.
Sometimes, i think it's better not to tell anything if the "fans" have this kind of attitude.
Stop complaining and do sth on your own.
And avoid whoever u want. It will be your loss if u don't take the minimum time to search and learn by yourself and wait everything on your "plate" as we say here.
Enough said from my side.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Sorry, what "kind of attitude" are you referring to? Surely you can't help being inquisitive in these matters?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Khnud wrote:This whole secrecy thing reeks of double standards to me. If you know who's pushing, not telling others who it is, is just protecting him.
We have given enough hints already. Devote 10 minutes of your time and you will find out who the sellers are.

And what's this 'secrecy' you're talking about anyway? Why the hell should I start a thread in the first place if I want to protect someone? Do you think I would waste my precious time posting whole paragraphs here in order to protect someone I do not even know personally? The things that are reported here seem like a protection to you anyway? Or is that you have a problem with greeks in general? This is just ridiculous.

Go on ebay, put solar eagle lp or solar eagle ep and hit 'complete listings'. It's all there. Or do you want me to do this for you as well?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Look, I'm quite capable of finding the items (and sellers) for myself. That's not the point. Read nightsblood's latest post again, it basically sums up what I feel in this matter. Why tell everyone there's a rotten apple in the basket (and that you know which one it is), and then tell everyone else to go look for it themselves? I just don't get it.

The secrecy I refer to is the statements made above (not by you) that most of the seasoned collectors already know who they are, so therefore there's no need to expose them. What seems to be forgotten here is that not all of us are veterans in the collector business and know when to listen to the bootleg alarm clock.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

This is absurd...So you say that if I am not to post the real names and their addresses and whatever else I know it is better not to report anything at all? Are you really serious about it? I really don't know if there's a point contuing this discussion, I have personally said what I wanted to say. You want to search on ebay, do it. If not, it's not my problem. I'm not protecting anyone and I'm not trying cover anything up. If I have more info on other boots I will post again.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

You seem to misunderstand. My initial post was not aimed at you, rather at Angelheart. Sorry if this wasn't clearer. And no, posting the real names of people is actually not allowed under Swedish law (where the Corroseum server is located). I have actually pointed this out to moderators in the past, asking them to remove real names of people. What I'm talking about is seller IDs, nothing else.

Also, in 15 days after a closed auction, you can't see that completed listing anymore, if I'm correct?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Two of them are still there. I just searched it.

Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Yes I know. But this thread will live on longer than the ebay "completed listings" do.

Edit: live on, not love on.
Last edited by Khnud on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Isn't it easier to avoid bootlegs by knowing what people to avoid than knowing what releases to avoid? I am not one to hop on ebay and search for obscure LPs, at least not with my current financial situation, but nonetheless I am in agreement with nightsblood and Khnud in that I do not understand the point of not mentioning which sellers are bootleggers. Pretty much every other metal forum I've been to has a thread dedicated to telling others what people to avoid (bootleggers/ripoffs/etc). Two people have already wasted more breath attempting to explain that they don't feel the need to share the bootleggers' accounts than they would have sharing the bootleggers' accounts. I would post the names myself, but unfortunately I'm not particularly savvy at this sort of thing. I went to ebay and typed in 'Solar Eagle' and only a CD from an unrelated band popped up.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

If you have found the IDs why don't you post them?

At this point, for me, it's not really needed to share them in public. If someone is totally unable to find them, he can contact me through PM. I guess this has become a bigger problem than the fact that there are actually Solar Eagle bootlegs on the market. Disappointing to say the least.

Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I found one recently sold copy of the album using ebay. It went for $698, and was sold by a seller I had previously thought reliable.

Edit: Hmm, switching to US ebay made me find another one, sold at $530. Very strange that ebay.uk only lists one, but ebay.com lists two.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

ION BRITTON wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:Seriously, do you think it's smart to mention all the differences of the boot and the original LP incl Matrix numbers etc here on a public forum?
It is not terribly smart, but we've got to prove our points somehow. It's same people behind different accounts that are selling them anyway. So, even if they put a 'better' boot next time you'll know for who we are talking about. And those boots usually come as a 'package', most probably you won't see only one SOLAR EAGLE being sold without being followed by a Masquerade or a rare black metal LPs. Someone who searches between accounts on ebay can easily understand that there's something fishy there and that there's a weird connection between some of the sellers.
But sometimes people are being that extremely horny to get "that special record" and they are happy to find a cheap "buy-now" copy that they just don't really read or think about that there's possibly something wrong and you can't expect either that everyone observes ebay DAILY. I've experienced this myself either a couple of times. Recently I had huge luck by finding a Sabre "Keepers of the sword" with buy-now option and I could even offer a lower price (28 $). I just made my offer immediately and it was accepted. Just when the seller returned and told me I should be aware that the record might not play due to the scratches as written in the ebay offer I read the description. The record was playable in the end so I prohably got the cheapest Sabre LP ever sold, but I also bought a White Boy and the Average Rat Band re-release LP with buy-now coz I didn't know there was a re-press available or take that shitty Flames of Hell Bootleg that prohably a couple of people did buy for huge money because the seller did not mention it's a bootleg. So if anyone would offer a sealed Solar Eagle bootleg for 100 $ buy-now option I'm sure he could sell 50 copies in a rush without anyone would ask a question (I would, even though I dislike that album but the price is nothing but tempting).
But I'm also sure those bootleggers are members on this forum because no common Metal head would afford such a record, it must be collectors.
I think most of the Solar Eagle copies are spread in the US, Greece and Germany. If you look thru Metal page collectors Mafia ring, almost everyone has that record in his list of most valuable records. That's a fact...
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Fils Du Metal wrote:
I hope there is no copy in Greece in the circle of those people,
There is one...remember that triple Split Bootleg CD from the US Metal classix series. Manufactured by Unisou...I can't tell the name. :lol:
He's prohably the leading force behind this too. If so then beware, more bootlegs are on the way!
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Angelheart wrote: And don't be surprised where most bootlegs are produced because besides Germany which started the whole bootleg thing with Reborn,
I thought Reborns Classix was made in Luxemburg, not Germany.
Angelheart wrote: And honestly, sometimes i think that some stupid "collectors" deserve to be fooled because they spent lots of money, just because they have them, not because they really care.
Exactly my opinion dude. To buy a record for 530 $ really means you're nothing but a rich dude. It's kinda absurd because you can have the MP3's incl their Demo for free from any HM blog in the www. So if anyone says "I care for the music" then just download the MP3's and save money. :roll: :wink: