KAT - Satan Says

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Sgt. Kuntz

KAT - Satan Says

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Anyone who's looking for this rare piece of thrash (trash) metal can find sealed copies of it on the bands homepage for 50$, these are the last copies that were recently found by the band:

http://www.greatkat.com/07/index07.html
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua5jxv8T ... re=related

This price is as lovely as this lady used to be... 8)
Never trust the Goblin King....
msp

Post by msp »

What a strange/sexy/insane women she is.

She was on the Morton Downey Jnr talk show in the US way back as well. Think there are clips of it on youtube as well. Infact it is the clip above
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

FYI this is a recent release of old recordings. Not what I would call 'rare' since it has only been available from Kat for $50 from the beginning.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Is rarity the issue here?Quality doesn't matter at all?I wouldn't say 50$ is cheap!
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

doomedplanet wrote:FYI this is a recent release of old recordings. Not what I would call 'rare' since it has only been available from Kat for $50 from the beginning.
Alrighty, i really thought it was pressed in the old days...

Trigger, thanks for the video by the way, a smoking TV host, now that is old-school :lol:
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

If you type "KAT interview" on the utube browser,you will come across several similar videos of metal's Miss Daisy!
Keir

Post by Keir »

doomedplanet wrote:FYI this is a recent release of old recordings. Not what I would call 'rare' since it has only been available from Kat for $50 from the beginning.
Really? When was it pressed?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Just saw this one at www.metalpage.de the other day... Funny, I was dead-set on ordering a copy, thinking it was this previously unknown 80's original, but after hearing it's a new release I changed my mind. I guess this is one of those embarrasing moments when one's "pretentious record collector asshole"-streak shines through a bit too bright for comfort :oops:
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

it was released either earlier in 2010 or late 2009, those were the first copies ever to show up.
Keir wrote:
Really? When was it pressed?
Keir

Post by Keir »

Then how come I saw one on eBay in 2006?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

this 12" is not a new release from 2009/10. Maybe you mistook it for some other release?

The 12" originally was released as a demo though I believe,.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

So I made a mistake on the date, I cannot find a single auction record though from 2006 or otherwise. I would love to have a statement from an oldtimer that says "Yeah I bought this record back in the day, 1987 at Zazulas shop in Old Bridge" or from the band mailorder, etc.. You will not find one. This is not a vintage item, it is a new release. Most likely it is a similar deal to the Violence 7" that came out 6-7 years ago. Not distributed, the manufacturer sat/are sitting on many of the copies. Kat just wanting to fleece the customers for the most $$ she can in this case. Not a surprise at all.
Keir

Post by Keir »

I’m not doubting you, just trying to get as much info as possible. I had never heard of this album until 2006 when I saw someone selling it on eBay. At the time there was zero info on this EP anywhere. I’m not sure if the seller pulled the listing or it ended with no bids, but I emailed him about it and he responded on 8/9/06:

“I will be relisting it saturday, if I can... Thanks for your interest.”

Well, he never relisted it and I never even saw another one until I read the review on metalpage.de. Stupid me bought the hype (and the record!) :lol:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

ok this vinyl record really is from 1986
just got the reply
but it also just looks like most sealed 80ies metal indie vinyl ive came across so i never doubted that really
no idea why there was no info, pics, etc though