Heathen - Victims of Deception Jpn. bootleg CD???

...and all CD issues goes here.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I had three different Visitor copies through the years but I only have the definitive original left so unfortunately I can't compare ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Why even bother with the Japan pressing of Victims Of Deception?

Are you seeking out the bonus track?

I'm perfectly content with my original US pressing.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:By the way it's sad that teodoros (your 2nd link) start selling bootlegs...
Teodoros (Black Wizard) has been the only Greek label/distro to wholebuy my releases. I'm very sad to see he is carrying bootlegs now.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

stormspell wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:By the way it's sad that teodoros (your 2nd link) start selling bootlegs...
Teodoros (Black Wizard) has been the only Greek label/distro to wholebuy my releases. I'm very sad to see he is carrying bootlegs now.
Yeah that's where I bought some of your releases. But you know he started with the well-made Pantera boots (for $40+), it seems that an old Brainstorm song was right : "for the love of money"...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Yeah that's where I bought some of your releases. But you know he started with the well-made Pantera boots (for $40+), it seems that an old Brainstorm song was right : "for the love of money"...
Actually Obsession did it first.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7vunp ... oney_music
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
stormspell wrote:Teodoros (Black Wizard) has been the only Greek label/distro to wholebuy my releases. I'm very sad to see he is carrying bootlegs now.
Oh well, as far as he pays cash for my releases I'll do business with him. Every wholebuyer is very precious and instrumental to Stormspell's survival.
Nebuchadnezzar

Re: Heathen - Victims of Deception Jpn. bootleg CD???

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

sovdat wrote:OK guys, please help me with this one:

The CD pictured above is definitely the original press, I just got it from Japan, the matrix is APCY-8046-A1M V

I bought the one below on Wacken 2006, and it the CD print is definitely done in worse quality than on the 100% original + the matrix area seems "typically Greek-fat" :D - However it comes with original matrix code + those signs you can often find on Japanese releases.

The Greek boots on ebay are obvious from another Jpn. press (I assume the first one with bonus track):

Anyone knows more about it? I assume that the lower copy is a bootleg but from where?
First of all Japanese guys are good in bootlegging when it comes to international artists (not domestic!) so I don't know why are you so sure about "originality". I found some time & went to my other house to pick-up my copy. It's the 2nd one but the japanese signs are from the right side & the matrix begins from the left side (at the same "height" where's the fems logo) & down... I can't see the matrix of your 1st copy. That's all I know for now...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

You can only see the matrix if you see the CD in person and look on it from the right angles. It doesn't really matter where is the matrix compared to the rest of the CD.

About the "proof of originality": Trust-worthy seller, comparision with the other Jpn. pressed CDs that I have, OBI strip is definitely not some recent reprint and the smell of the CD :D
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

sovdat wrote:I had three different Visitor copies through the years but I only have the definitive original left so unfortunately I can't compare ...
You are sure you did not sell a bootleg to me?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

oldskoolcollector wrote:
sovdat wrote:I had three different Visitor copies through the years but I only have the definitive original left so unfortunately I can't compare ...
You are sure you did not sell a bootleg to me?
100% sure!
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

It supposed to be a trade! :P 8)
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:It supposed to be a trade! :P 8)
It was.
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

sovdat wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:It supposed to be a trade! :P 8)
It was.
Yeah, one of the many great trades we had!