Target - Master Project Genesis CD Question

...and all CD issues goes here.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Thanks for the pictures Bostjan, It seems to be a very very good bootleg. It must be since the originals state "proHibited". Those things doesn't change even if you re-press it as the factory would use the original master. And I dont think Ralf ever repressed it - I'll ask him to make sure.

I'm also pretty sure it is a bootleg because the majority of the current sellers are from Eastern Europe (probably all Bulgarians) and as Bulgarian I can guarantee you there is no chance of finding this CD in Bulgarian pawnshops/used CD stores in such quantities...

What gives those sellers away is they all sell the same non-metal CDs, most notably "It's About Time - Jonas Brothers" which seems to be a very sought after hot seller.

There is a dude from Israel right now which sells Target, and if you check his feedback you will notice he has sold like 10 Jonas Brothers CDs in the past month, so he must be from the same gang too. The problem is I asked him and he sent me a picture with correct outer rim writing (although the picture is very bad quality and can be altered, or just from the original CD). I'll keep an eye to see if he will try to sell another copy.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

The guy's name sure sounds like it is from eastern Europe:

Payment To:
Veni Markovski (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)
Seller's ID:
888wesmitch888
Seller's Email:
venimark@gmail.com

According to ebay he should be from USA, while the package was sent from Honk Kong ... :)

So, should I just put the dispute as if I didn't get it at all ?!?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

sovdat wrote: So, should I just put the dispute as if I didn't get it at all ?!?
In my opinion, yes
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

sovdat wrote:The guy's name sure sounds like it is from eastern Europe:

Payment To:
Veni Markovski (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)
Seller's ID:
888wesmitch888
Seller's Email:
venimark@gmail.com

According to ebay he should be from USA, while the package was sent from Honk Kong ... :)

So, should I just put the dispute as if I didn't get it at all ?!?
Oh fuck, I knew one dude called Veni Markovski, he was a corporal at the unit where I was serving my mandatory military duty. A huge sleazy bastard everyone wanted to put their hands on and beat him to death. Perfectly fit in the role of a cd bootlegger, haha!

Given how unusual and rare name Veni is, it wouldnt surprise me if he is the same dude I knew.

Yeah go ahead and put the dispute as "not received". The worst case would be paypal will refuse to honor it. I think you stand a very good chance to claim your money back, worth a try for sure in my opinion.
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

my copy. :wink:
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

all copyrights in the recorded works and in the recorded performances reserved - no lending! unauthorized duplication, lease, public performance and broadcast prohibited! . alle urheber - und leistungsschutzrechte vorbehalten - kein verleith! keine unerlaubte vervielfaltigung, vermietung, auffuhrung, sendung!

... so I have now two crappy bootleg copies which costed me $300 alltogether, anyone wanna trade? :D Needless to say how much I now paid for the version with above mentioned text ... :roll: :roll: :roll:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

thanks go dthis is a collector forum so no one thinks youre crazy

do you own an original ?
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

No, but it is coming.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

sovdat wrote:No, but it is coming.
In a month or so you could have owned a nice juicy double CD release with both albums and the mega-rare 5-track demo, remastered by Erik Adam H at Neway Music, and 16-page booklet with all lyrics, pics, info, and exclusive interview by Franky Van Aerde... all for around $12.99 :lol:
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

So the one gunnman sold you was a boot? Very strange, he was always one of the best sellers to me, and the best when it comes to grading, I never got a single junk CD from him. Seemed like he undergraded stuff 90% of the time, more than I can say for most of the higher profile sellers. Strange he would sell a bootleg :?

Stormspell, that is a kick in the nuts. Really nice price for both discs though, were they mastered from the LPs? If so I'd might as well rip my own :) Though I wouldn't mind having a physical copy of the demo, so I'll likely buy one anyway, especially that cheap!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

@ Stormspell: Yes, I know that, I'll be buying your Target 2CD set. no worries :)

@ perishinflames: We both believed to be original at that time. Although it was weird, I was bidding on a Target CD from him on ebay (finished 2nd), and some weeks after that he sent me a message through musik-sammler asking me if I can tell him the matrix of that CD because he's got one and he's not sure if it is original or not. So I got the matrix code from avenger and since it was the same we made a deal.

Yes, otherwise a great seller and once again, I don't think that he knowingly sold me the bootleg.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I should have been way more careful, yes ... well live and learn :?

geschrieben von gunmann22, 25.08.2008 07:09 Uhr

Can you send me the Matrix number of the CD, because I'm not sure if i got a boot from Hongkong. thanks a lot

Hans-Peter

geschrieben von gunmann22, 26.08.2008 22:19 Uhr

Hi again!
Thanks for your time. The Matrix is "pilz cd Aaarrg 16 11 mastered by dadc austria". Please let me know, if your friend told you the Matrix. Maybe I will sell it, but the price at last was very high on Ebay - for the original. If you want you can make me an offer what you are give for that CD. thanks Hans-Peter
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

So apparently this bootleg has existed longer than anyone thought... It was just so well done that no one seemed to notice until now. Come to think of it there have been many sold in the last year, more than before but it wasn't until now that the same sellers started listing them more than once.
Helm

Post by Helm »

stormspell wrote:
sovdat wrote:No, but it is coming.
In a month or so you could have owned a nice juicy double CD release with both albums and the mega-rare 5-track demo, remastered by Erik Adam H at Neway Music, and 16-page booklet with all lyrics, pics, info, and exclusive interview by Franky Van Aerde... all for around $12.99 :lol:
Good god, thank you! This is competent Mekong Delta worship, but not worth 150$ !
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

®O©O wrote:Image

my copy. :wink:
Identical to mine.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."