Where can i find info about LPs?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Shiremen

Where can i find info about LPs?

Post by Shiremen »

Is anyone aware of a place on the Internet where you can find out if a record was released as a LP? I know that there are pages like Kusare's (http://www4.pf-x.net/~steeler/) that lists loads of 80's CDs and LPs. But what if I want to know if records released during the 1990's and 2000's has been released on vinyl? Any hints?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Musik Sammler?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Shiremen

Post by Shiremen »

Thanks for the tip! The webpage doesn't seem complete, but has some great info never the less. For example, I don't believe the Greek band Flames only released their albums only on CD... However, it's good.

I wonder what the "weakest year" is, meaning which year globally saw the fewest albums released on vinyl. 1994? 1995?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I don't think there will ever be a 'complete' site for that purpouse. Doublechecking musik-sammler.de and rateyourmusic.com is my best tip. Unfortunately MA or Music Might (formerly Rockdetector) seldom says in what format an album or EP was released in.

About FLAMES, all albums were released on vinyl except "In Agony Rise". See interview.

Somewhere around '89-91 is where most US labels seem to have dropped the vinyl format - around '90-92 in Western Europe and '92-94 in Eastern Europe. So yes, '94-95 was probably the worst years for vinyl globally since it was still before anyone was talking about a 'vinyl revival' - in turn a late 90's thing.
Shiremen

Post by Shiremen »

Thanks DaN! I can add that the Japanese pressed LPs faded out in 1989, maybe 1990. The latest pressing I have seen is 1989. Can anyone confirm this?

Now I wonder how many of these CD albums released 1994-1997 that never have been released on vinyl? Maybe I shall buy the rights and do it myself :P
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Shiremen wrote:Thanks for the tip! The webpage doesn't seem complete, but has some great info never the less. For example, I don't believe the Greek band Flames only released their albums only on CD... However, it's good.

I wonder what the "weakest year" is, meaning which year globally saw the fewest albums released on vinyl. 1994? 1995?
It's because Musik-Sammler is still lacking of really old metal farts with an obscure / exotic taste and a big shelf of vinyl

It doesnt say the Flames albums were released only on CD!! The Lps just werent typed in yet because no one owns it there. I'm working on it :lol:
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
doomedplanet

Re: Where can i find info about LPs?

Post by doomedplanet »

One hint is to ask right here in this thread. If it isn't black/death metal most likely someone on this forum knows. Even some of them know the more extreme stuff too.
Shiremen wrote:Is anyone aware of a place on the Internet where you can find out if a record was released as a LP? I know that there are pages like Kusare's (http://www4.pf-x.net/~steeler/) that lists loads of 80's CDs and LPs. But what if I want to know if records released during the 1990's and 2000's has been released on vinyl? Any hints?