Share your Secret of Steel!!!

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I would mention these I think i have never seen (or seen very few times) mentioned:

Apocalispsis: same lp Mexico
Megaton: megaton lp Mexico
Zeus: preso lp Mexico
Ultimatum: same lp Mex
Lynx: Be wild
Mask: The Fox minilp Mex
Cuero y Metal: ep Mex
RIP: placer insano Mex
Sacrilegio: same lp Mex
Kronos: same lp Colombia
Rok Bergade: attack is on lp USA
Kaos: agent killers lp USa
Torture: terror kingdom minilp USA
Max Havoc: same lp USA
Steel Warriors: same minilp USA

etc
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

metalmaster wrote:I would mention these I think i have never seen (or seen very few times) mentioned:

etc
I have heard one of the trakcs from the apocalipsis LP, and it was flawless. That would be a very vercy cool addition to the poisonoise section for sure sir. :lol:
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Dirty Rocker wrote:
metalmaster wrote:I would mention these I think i have never seen (or seen very few times) mentioned:

etc
I have heard one of the trakcs from the apocalipsis LP, and it was flawless. That would be a very vercy cool addition to the poisonoise section for sure sir. :lol:
Ok, Apocalipsis is added to the upload list. Somepone has asked for Kronos as well which I will upload as well 8)
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

metalmaster wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:

etc
Ok, Apocalipsis is added to the upload list. Somepone has asked for Kronos as well which I will upload as well 8)
Killer, thanks! :D
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

great list!

brief comments:
top class---Apocalispsis: same lp Mexico

another great lp, Megaton: megaton lp Mexico

great record, I think totally unknown by most collectors-Zeus: preso lp Mexico

glam if memory is right? I returned it to seller! -Ultimatum: same lp Mex

I think I might still have this, I thought it was bad glam Mask: The Fox minilp Mex

classic 7" -Cuero y Metal: ep Mex

underrated with terrible album art RIP: placer insano Mex

GREAT lp - Sacrilegio: same lp Mex

This would be interesting to hear, I had the 12" single and it sucked-Kronos: same lp Colombia. Does anyone have Kronos 7"

average hard rock if I remember right? I disposed of it for that reason - Kaos: agent killers lp USa
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Megaton and Apocalispsis are indeed great, need the originals though. I heard Max Havoc once but can't remember it anymore. I don't know the "terror kingdom EP" from Torture but I know their Storm Alert LP which is one of my favorite Thrashers...
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

doomedplanet wrote:
This would be interesting to hear, I had the 12" single and it sucked-Kronos: same lp Colombia. Does anyone have Kronos 7"

average hard rock if I remember right? I disposed of it for that reason - Kaos: agent killers lp USa
Are we talking about CRONOS? Is it the same band? I have a 7'' of them, it's a good one.

KAOS: Yes it is glammy HR. Two good trax, but not recommended at all.

APOCALIPSIS and PUNO DE HIERRO are great. Especially APOCALIPSIS.

MAX HAVOC great? Nope. Average at best. You can find tons of US albums in this style.
metalmaster wrote:Rok Bergade: attack is on lp USA
An unknown obscurity. It's good melodic HM, quite NWOBHMish, but certainly not a masterpiece. The band is from Texas.

Another worthy band is PERSEO, from Colombia i think. Their first Ep "No es tan sencillo" is very cool, melodic but not gay HM w/ nice vocals. Anyone else familiar with them?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Another worthy band is PERSEO, from Colombia i think. Their first Ep "No es tan sencillo" is very cool, melodic but not gay HM w/ nice vocals. Anyone else familiar with them?
Yeah, the first one is great. Their second EP "Reina de la noche" is also good but more like hard rock/glam style.
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

doomedplanet wrote:great list!

brief comments:
top class---Apocalispsis: same lp Mexico

another great lp, Megaton: megaton lp Mexico

great record, I think totally unknown by most collectors-Zeus: preso lp Mexico

glam if memory is right? I returned it to seller! -Ultimatum: same lp Mex

I think I might still have this, I thought it was bad glam Mask: The Fox minilp Mex

classic 7" -Cuero y Metal: ep Mex

underrated with terrible album art RIP: placer insano Mex

GREAT lp - Sacrilegio: same lp Mex

Well I think Apocalipsis was a geat band ruined with a very uncompetent production. There were no more than 180 copies pressed of that album. Actually it was more like a promo lp than anything else.

Megaton is top class in all aspects: musically, production, feeling, etc. Theer exist an offical cd edition of it with a decent presentation.

Zeus is the same case than Apocalipsis. Good stuff, the worse production. The pressing is also very limited. I think about 300 copies

Ultimatum first album I can call it melodic heavy metal with a female vocalist. They used to be more Power/speed in their demo period, but the album is good. The second one "no me detengas ahora" is actually softer and into hard rock, not much heavy metal

Mask is not bad I think. Once again the prodiction is total crap. Good ideas floating around...

Sacrilegio is good, and in the pure tradition of GAS label, shit production and very limmited pressing. I think 400 copies of this ine were released

RIP easily looks like a punk band, but NO. They were Heavy/power Metal. They way it must be. BEWARE: the second pressing has an horrendous error. One side features RIP while the other includes a crap band so, if you buy it, be sure that it is the good version

I will upload Kronos. I think it is agood album. No perfect nor masterpiece, but it has something that catches my atention for sure!!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

The Sentinel wrote:Megaton and Apocalispsis are indeed great, need the originals though. I heard Max Havoc once but can't remember it anymore. I don't know the "terror kingdom EP" from Torture but I know their Storm Alert LP which is one of my favorite Thrashers...
I will upload Torture Terror kingdom. It was limited to 500 copies I think and was reelased by the Mexican label Beta who only released that lp. A diamond in teh rough I think
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

metalmaster wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:Megaton and Apocalispsis are indeed great, need the originals though. I heard Max Havoc once but can't remember it anymore. I don't know the "terror kingdom EP" from Torture but I know their Storm Alert LP which is one of my favorite Thrashers...
I will upload Torture Terror kingdom. It was limited to 500 copies I think and was reelased by the Mexican label Beta who only released that lp. A diamond in teh rough I think
thanx man, if it's such a killer as their LP, I think I must warn my neighbours again 8)
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:
metalmaster wrote:
thanx man, if it's such a killer as their LP, I think I must warn my neighbours again 8)
Great upload man, thanks!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

The Sentinel wrote:
metalmaster wrote:
Ready, it is uploaded. As aways at my blog

http://under-fire-radio.blogspot.com/
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Reviving the thread to discover new bands!

The "obscurest" parts of my collection would probably be original Les Nulleautres, Hard Ground & Tech Ahead, all thrash bands from early 90s.

How about Doppelgangers - I have no idea how known they are, since they're not really metal, I haven't heard their later releases but according to Paul (Hammerhawk guitarist), they went into rap metal or something ... however, their 1st release (Locked Up, 1991), was released on Overdrive label, together with both Vulture, Usurper (Hol) and Hammerhawk albums, and no-one "in the know" seemed to know something about them?? Solid Motorhead-ish HC/punk/thrash, though, unfortunately with annoying vocals :?
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Most of my really unknown stuff that I have is dubbed on to a cassette or was never "officially" released. Most of it is Ohio-related stuff since Ive been in contact with more metal people there then anywhere else. Also, most other obscure stuff that Im into I either dont own or heard about from people on here. Hahaha...

Some mostly unknown stuff I have is...

Mistreater - Unreleased demo 1982 (stuff that "no one was supposed to hear....EVER")
Essex - Demo 1982 (pre-White Night)
Gutwrench - 3 demos
Trigger Zone - Unreleased demos
Fury - Unreleased demos and rehearsal recordings, as old as '78.
Violence (pre-Decimation) - live show, rehearsal track, etc.
Bloodbath - 2 demos (pre-Bloodbath S.A.F....and way better)
Deus Vult - unreleased demo and rehearsal recordings
Sheer Greed - rehearsal demo (pre-Dofka)
Roadies Nightmare - 2 demo tapes
V/A - Doomsday Fest '92 (obscure compilation of Ohio DM, includes live stuff from MUTILATION, SIN-EATER, MISCARRIAGE, etc)
V/A - Distant Thunder: Sounds Of The Cleveland Metal Storm (includes demo stuff from VATICAN, MERCURY, DIABOLICUS, RAGING GRACE, SILENT KNIGHT, etc)

Note: this list is all cassettes. All either "official" tapes or dubbed by band members

If anyone knows anything, Id REALLY like to hear any demo material from

DIABOLICUS
MERCURY
RAGING GRACE
VATICAN
MADDOXX
MISCARRIAGE
ROUGH HONOR
SINNER (ohio)
SORCERER (either of the 3 demos, or live stuff between 81-and 88)
LEGION (new york)