Share your Secret of Steel!!!

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Not very rare, but recently I've been listening to V8's (Argentina) demo. I think is way better than any of their records. Anybody here has heard it? If not I can upload it.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

yes I have it, there is a demo cd from the V8 box set. great metal. I guess now that I know a little about the politics of Argentina it is even better to know because good metal can be spoiled by lyrics that I might not agree with.
Cochino wrote:Not very rare, but recently I've been listening to V8's (Argentina) demo. I think is way better than any of their records. Anybody here has heard it? If not I can upload it.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Only things that comes to mind are a couple of cassettes. One is by a Texas band called SEKA; weird thrashy band. I don't know anything about them except they did make a video for one song that got shown once or twice on Headbangers Ball in the early 90s.
The other cassette is by a thrash/crossover band from Ohio called Charlotte's Web. THey were from the Toledo area and gigged around in the early-mid 90s. The tape's pretty good; they made a second tape (neither was ever made on cd or vinyl TMK) called 'skeletons of south street' that wasn't as good, and later changed names to Five Story Fall. I saw them once or twice back in the day (I might still have a couple of 5SF T-shirts somewhere). The singer was a woman who's name was allegedly Charlotte Web Swanson (or something like that); I think she also played bass. She/some colleagues tried opening a small underground store in one of the college towns outside TOledo but it didn't last very long; I went once to get the 'skeletons of south street' tape and when I went back to get a cool Iron Maiden banner I had seen, the store had already closed down :( At some point i need to get the s/t cassette transferred to a digital format; the tape's already 15 years old. Unfortunately I can't transfer tapes to digital formats so it'll have to wait.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Yeah, that's why I said is not very rare since it was in that box, but since the box sold out very quickly I tiught maybe someone could be interested. And you're right about the lyrics. I don't agree with many metal lyrics like Black Death's for example, but thanks to the language barreer I can put some "buffer" zone and just enjoy the great music.
MexicanMetaler666

Post by MexicanMetaler666 »

the mask album is a piece of crap , I bought it thinking it was a good mexican heavy metal mlp, but actually is glam .

well , I have these 2 discs, problably not that obscure but good metal from central america. I didnt pay much for them but werent easy to find.

Sangre Humana - Vision satanica 7" single
Guerreros Del Metal - Guerreros Del Metal
Heavy Metal is the LAW!!!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

is there anyway to get Neptune from Sweden demo????????
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:is there anyway to get Neptune from Sweden demo????????
They were uploaded on this forum a few months ago, you can check back a few pages and see if the link is still active. Awesome band!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

awsome indeed!...thanks!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

MexicanMetaler666 wrote:well , I have these 2 discs, problably not that obscure but good metal from central america. I didnt pay much for them but werent easy to find.

Sangre Humana - Vision satanica 7" single
Guerreros Del Metal - Guerreros Del Metal
I've only heard of GdM. Tell us more!
MexicanMetaler666

Post by MexicanMetaler666 »

DaN wrote: I've only heard of GdM. Tell us more!
Well since I posted that I own these records, I have received some offers for GDM album, but really isnt for sale or trade.
GDM Good heavy Metal Band from Guatemala. They play traditional metal they sing in spanish,they released this album in 1989. Their name before GDM was Sangre humana and they played a more heavy psychedelic rock music, I love that. I traded three Iron maiden lps for these 2 pieces of metal, like 2 years ago.I think was a good deal :twisted:
Heavy Metal is the LAW!!!!