fake testpresses

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
The Knell

fake testpresses

Post by The Knell »

now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I'm always suspicious of white-label copies for this very reason.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

especially by those prominent bands.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
MexicanMetaler666

Post by MexicanMetaler666 »

Holy crap, Now that I read this post, I went to look closer the cloven hoof self title I bought long time ago, I think I got ripped off on this one!!! I never looked at it that close, I just played to make sure it was cloven hoof. But now that I look at it closer I can notice some little green dots all over the labels. It comes in a white sleeve and the matrix is NEAT 1013 Im almost sure the label has been bleached. Any one with a real test presing to compare mine? :x ( I have other 3 test pressings albums but on those im more confident of been real test press copies.
Last edited by MexicanMetaler666 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heavy Metal is the LAW!!!!
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Pretty devious, but not really a concern for me. I don't go out of my way to purchase test pressings, and when I do buy one I never pay more than the price for a retail copy. Although if I did receive a fake I'd be pretty pissed, I'd rather have a normal retail copy than a defaced one.