Manilla Road "Courts of Chaos" bootleg LP?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
mordred

Manilla Road "Courts of Chaos" bootleg LP?

Post by mordred »

I was browsing ebay the other day and came across an auction for Manilla Roads "The Courts of Chaos" LP and I though of maybe bidding on it. Then I saw the seller was greek and that made me suspicious (I hate to feel like that based on nationality, but it automatically makes me more cautious). When I browsed his other items I saw he was also offering Heavy Loads "Full Speed at High Level", which by 99% probability is the infamous greek bootleg, so that made me even more suspicious. Does anyone know if there is a similar counterfeit bootleg of "The Courts of Chaos"?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

there is no courts of chaos bootleg lp,just the normal lp and the picture disc out on iron glory
heavy load is a greek boot,yep
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
mordred

Post by mordred »

That's good news, thanks.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Sadly, now that you've so generously tipped off the entire Corroseum board, the LP itself will probably sell for a ridiculous price. :)
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

probably not,i got mine for 60 euro,greg's copy sold for 35 (!!!) i assume cos everyone thought its a boot or something.
i wonder why this LP never sells for a ton of money,it's by far,far Manilla Road's hardest release to find on vinyl,i ve seen purple invasions 15-20 times for sale on ebay and lists, i ve seen courts on sale like 3-4 times in total.it's probably cos it's not MR
s greatest release by any means,then again,neither is invasion
not trying to boost the guy's sale though,i dont even know who he is.
mordred

Post by mordred »

What's the deal with Invasion? There's two different pressings of it on Roadster records, both issued around the same time, right?
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

ah i think mark mentioned in some interview in steel conjuring that there were 2 pressings, purple (first) and white (later) of 2.000 copies each but i assume it was more like 1.000 purple 3-4.000 white,anyone who knows better (john) feel free to correct me
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Original pressing 1980, 500 copies (according to Shelton, so relying on his memory) the repress 1982 around the time "Metal" came out (the back cover shows a 1980/82 copyright date). Original press is a different mastering job and sounds better than the repress.
mordred wrote:What's the deal with Invasion? There's two different pressings of it on Roadster records, both issued around the same time, right?
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Probably because not many want to buy from him mailorder because a lot of folks realize no guarantee they will get it before 6 months goes by or longer or never.
MassOfKthulu wrote:greg's copy sold for 35 (!!!)
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

doomedplanet wrote:Original pressing 1980, 500 copies (according to Shelton, so relying on his memory) the repress 1982 around the time "Metal" came out (the back cover shows a 1980/82 copyright date). Original press is a different mastering job and sounds better than the repress.
This should be correct and the only thing I would add is the second press was 2000 copies
mordred

Post by mordred »

Thanks for the info guys. What do you mean by purple pressing and white pressing? Do they have different covers?

Funny that the two Manilla Road albums I consider to be the least good ones, Invasion and The Courts of Chaos, are the hardest to find on vinyl.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mordred wrote:Thanks for the info guys. What do you mean by purple pressing and white pressing?.
Color of the vinyl?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MexicanMetaler666

Post by MexicanMetaler666 »

Avenger wrote:
mordred wrote:Thanks for the info guys. What do you mean by purple pressing and white pressing?.
Color of the vinyl?
The color of the border on the front cover. On the first press is purple/blue border and the second one comes with a white border.

Similar thing with mercyful fates EP first press with white border and second and third press with black border.
Heavy Metal is the LAW!!!!