The North-American Heavy Metal 7" Guide (Ye Olde Obscure)

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
apollo.ra

Re: The North-American Heavy Metal 7" Guide (Ye Olde Obscure)

Post by apollo.ra »

I hear you on the Pawnz review Khnud. That cover is one of the best out there.
Too bad they didn't include their "One Night Alone With You" on this 7".
That would have elevated the whole thing.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

apollo.ra wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:02 am I hear you on the Pawnz review Khnud. That cover is one of the best out there.
Too bad they didn't include their "One Night Alone With You" on this 7".
That would have elevated the whole thing.
Yes, that was a WAY better song than the ones on the EP. :shock:
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:49 pm Man, this one might be my fave so far - absolutely crammed w/ awesome tunes, and a great flow and diversity to the tunes as well..
I echo everything DaN said here, you've outdone yourself with this new sampler Khnud. Your song choices, the stylistic variety & attention to pacing are all executed perfectly making for a great listen from front to back. There are even a few songs included which i already knew & thought were merely 'okay' that sound far better to me within the flow you've created here.
Of the unknown quantities i'm particularly impressed by the contributions from Lace, Buster Cherrie, Stormbringer & Final Dawn. The Lace song has a particularly catchy & satisfying loping main riff that's a total 'earworm', how on earth have i not heard this until now? The Stormbringer track benefits greatly from those characterful Rhett-Forrester-in-drunken-pirate-mode vocals, & though i usually dislike keyboards in Metal, they manage to make use of them here in an interesting way that doesn't neuter the sound one iota.
Buster Cherrie somehow manage to manifest something very close to the classic NWoBHM sound despite their geographical dislocation from that scene and with a conviction that most of their US peers just couldn't muster in those bygone days. Splendid stuff to my olde ears. Thanks for introducing me to some new old favourites.
Take a well-deserved bow for a job well done.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.