Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Thanks for the link sovdat! The same question for these two CDs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DESTINY-ATOMIC- ... 336d59c287
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SACRIFICE-TORME ... 336d59e58e
I have doubts because:
1. seller is from Greece
2. old CDs in LIke New condition
3. font on the matrix looking more like last generation of well-made boots than original factory pressed matrices
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Aggressor looks like the original copies I've seen, but I don't have a copy to directly compare. I've never seen several of the boots that guy is selling before though, so I'd be wary. Might be new.

But I think it just may actually be real.
Yakish wrote:3. font on the matrix looking more like last generation of well-made boots than original factory pressed matrices
No, if you look closely it has a "dot-matrix" looking font, which I think is what the original looked like. I could be wrong, but the new bootlegs don't look like this (though they could probably do that if they wanted to).
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

This looks legit to me.

I believe the Matrix is split up into 3 different parts. It's a CINRAM disc made in Canada and all of them made around this time have this similar Matrix style. I'm not at home to check my copy but I believe you are safe with this one.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Avenger wrote:It's a CINRAM disc
You are correct. Just checked the Mother Earth CD (Cinram) and looks near identical to the Aggressor pictured. I say it's original.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:
Thanks for the link sovdat! The same question for these two CDs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DESTINY-ATOMIC- ... 336d59c287
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SACRIFICE-TORME ... 336d59e58e
I have doubts because:
1. seller is from Greece
2. old CDs in LIke New condition
3. font on the matrix looking more like last generation of well-made boots than original factory pressed matrices
The Destiny is a bootleg. No doubt about it. The Sacrifice photos will not load for me right now for some reason so I'll have to come back and tell you.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Sacrifice is definitely bootleg. IIRC my copies of both Torment and Forward said "Americ Disc", there was no French in the codes. Got them from Record Peddler, they were original.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Actually the matrix is almost the same (don't know what you mean with "no french" ?), but the position is wrong, the font is different, and also I notice the absense of the "è" in "fabrique" and also the absense of the little character logo before "Canada" ... moreover the matrix ring "barcode" is totally random compared to the original one ^^

On the DESTINY cd there is surely the absence of the typical engraved writing on the transparent inner ring of the cd "compact disc made in w.germany interpress" (such as in Agony and Cloven Hoof cds).
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:Sacrifice is definitely bootleg. IIRC my copies of both Torment and Forward said "Americ Disc", there was no French in the codes. Got them from Record Peddler, they were original.
The first pressing of "Torment In Fire" was done on Fringe in 1990 and like all Fringe CD's was pressed by DISQUE AMERIC.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Thanks to all of you guys, my guesses are confirmed. Beware of this seller, because he(she) lying in description about 100% original etc.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does anybody know if the recent CD reissue of NME "Unholy Death" on Big Rig Records is a bootleg of some sort or the genuine article? I know it's a normal CD not a CDr.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Is there a bootleg of Living Death - Protected from Reality first press?
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Is the matrix of the Griffin "Flight Of The Griffin" CD from the SPV Mid-Price-Serie is CDD-BERLIN 04-7538 01? I think so because as far as I know the bootlegs of this series have the usual Greek album title as matrix? Can anyone confirm?
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

it must be CDP BERLIN, not CDD
And yes, You'd better post scan or good quality photo of matrix.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Weird. It's CDD-BERLIN. Oh well - in a couple of days I hope to get a good photo of the matrix. Maybe it's some new bootleg I do not know about.