Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Zdan wrote: Edit: Also to clear this up (cause I have not found a piece of information on it) were the Obsession re-issues on Metal Mayhem boots? And in general is Metal Mayhem a boot label?
Yes! All Obsession re-releases on Metal Mayhem are bootlegs. This is 100% info from band's official myspace page.
I am also LOVE this band and all their releases, so i looked for this information around 2 years ago.
P.S: I don't know for sure about rest of releases
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:
Zdan wrote: Edit: Also to clear this up (cause I have not found a piece of information on it) were the Obsession re-issues on Metal Mayhem boots? And in general is Metal Mayhem a boot label?
Yes! All Obsession re-releases on Metal Mayhem are bootlegs. This is 100% info from band's official myspace page.
I am also LOVE this band and all their releases, so i looked for this information around 2 years ago.
P.S: I don't know for sure about rest of releases
The funny thing about this is that when the CD's first came out the band was advertising them. A couple of years later this changed and the band started labeling them "bootlegs". Now I'm not about protecting a label which I have no association with, but this situation seems like the release was official to begin with and then the band had a falling out with the label and changed their view. Who really knows?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Anyway first pressings rules! Except "Scarred For Life" because it wasn't released in CD format until Metal Mayhem re-issues, but this is not a problem for me, because every day i can buy LP version in mint condition for cheap.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Ryan is a rip off. He doesn't pay even a single buck for rights to the bands so that's why the bands say "don't buy the X or the Y cd because it's bootleg".
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:Ryan is a rip off.
I'll vouch that.

I purchased some stuff from him a couple years ago and he charged me an extra $9.00 on shipping from what the post office sticker stated and the packaging was bare bones minimal. Then to top it off the items arrived damaged due to his shitty packaging job that he over charged me for in the first place. I contacted him twice and got no reply. Needless to say paypal intervened in the end.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

As the search seems not to be working I have a question: is there a non-bootleg CD version of the E-X-E debut? And of course how is different from the bootleg one?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

It was never printed on cd back then... all versions are boots !
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

As far as i know ONLY bootleg version of this CD exist.
The same for first Mandator and first Target for example.
At least until now no one could provide real evidence of the existence of the original versions of these albums on CD format
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:As far as i know ONLY bootleg version of this CD exist.
The same for first Mandator and first Target for example.
At least until now no one could provide real evidence of the existence of the original versions of these albums on CD format
The first Target album was officially released by Stormspell not long ago...
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Sure, i know. I said about those mythical first CD pressings from late 80's
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:Sure, i know. I said about those mythical first CD pressings from late 80's
Who told you that the first E-X-E and Target were real?
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

As always MS fooling people:
http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/53973
http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/45029
And i remember old threads about first Target here in Corroseum and another places, people argued about authenticity of it. Who cares? Now we know for sure that they are just bootlegs
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

To be fair, Mandator - Initial Velocity CD was advertised in the booklets of other Disaster CDs, so there was valid reason to believe it exists. Of course at this point we know it never materialized, but years ago there was never any concrete evidence to the contrary.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:To be fair, Mandator - Initial Velocity CD was advertised in the booklets of other Disaster CDs, so there was valid reason to believe it exists. Of course at this point we know it never materialized, but years ago there was never any concrete evidence to the contrary.
I agree with this and that's why I was asking about the E-X-E and Target.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »