Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

greek knowledgable people,is this legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAVEL-Same-CD-/ ... 27bb8fef0f

thanks in advanze
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:greek knowledgable people,is this legit?

thanks in advanze
Notorious bootleg seller... I wouldn't bet on that one being legit.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

thanks in advanze
Why don't you get it from Sentinel Steel and save the trouble?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Oh come on! Who in their right state of mind will bootleg VAVEL? If you buy it from Sentinel Steel it will be the same Unisound release... so yeah, I say go ahead and buy it for $9.99 with the free shipping, it is a no brainer really.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

so the Cd was just released in Unisound? im sorry but i barely got into the band,i deserve a booo i guess
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

As far as I know both albums were released on CD by Unisound some years ago. I had some copies in stock (obtained from trade with Sentinel Steel) and it took me years to get rid of them. I doubt there are more than 50-100 people worldwide which care for that band :)
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

I've heard some songs of that album and they were good. Besides, $10 free shipping worldwide is indeed a great price. Which other CD's from that list aren't bootlegs?, 'cause that Sortilege CD looks interesting.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Chafe wrote:

thanks in advanze
I'll vouch this.

Bootleg or not, the majority of the crap phobuscreation sells is a duplicate. Why reward him with your business?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Avenger wrote:
Chafe wrote:

thanks in advanze
I'll vouch this.

Bootleg or not, the majority of the crap phobuscreation sells is a duplicate. Why reward him with your business?
maybe ill do that

actually i have avoided that seller several times already...i just heard one song,should i hear everything first considering Iordan reaction?i dont wanna any regrets :lol:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I'm only saying it is an arcane band which does not yield lucrative sales, so in all probability you will get the genuine Unisound release. Unisound pressed 3000 hand-numbered copies of this, it is not like it was micro-pressing or anything... you can probably find this CD for 1EUR in every cut-out bin in Greece.

Buying from Sentinel Steel is more than fine and I always recommend it, however, you have to consider two things: 1) SS may not have it in stock, and 2) even if he does, he will not ship it to you for free or even unregistered, and you know how much extra that cost... so it goes down to getting it cheap from a shady seller, or getting it expensive from a good dealer.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does anybody know how to tell apart the genuine Pantera "Power Metal" CD from the tons of bootlegs that are out there? A scan of the real thing would be great but any info would be great.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:Does anybody know how to tell apart the genuine Pantera "Power Metal" CD from the tons of bootlegs that are out there? A scan of the real thing would be great but any info would be great.
Same as usual, the Matrix. The original has the typical Nimbus Matrix and also extremely heavy inserts that are almost cardboard like. There are 2 bootlegs that I know of. One, which has the same Matrix text as the original but obviously not in the right place or with the proper font/size etc. An original is quite rare as it's rumored that only 500 of these CD's were made. It will set you back $150-$200 if you can find one.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:Does anybody know how to tell apart the genuine Pantera "Power Metal" CD from the tons of bootlegs that are out there? A scan of the real thing would be great but any info would be great.
Same as usual, the Matrix. The original has the typical Nimbus Matrix and also extremely heavy inserts that are almost cardboard like. There are 2 bootlegs that I know of. One, which has the same Matrix text as the original but obviously not in the right place or with the proper font/size etc. An original is quite rare as it's rumored that only 500 of these CD's were made. It will set you back $150-$200 if you can find one.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Avenger wrote:
Thanks for the quick and detailed answer. I owe you a beer or booze if you ever come to Poland!

Sorry for the succession of questions but I got another one: how to tell apart the bootleg edition of Savage Steel "Do Or Die" from the original pressing? Musik-sammler does not list the bootleg editon so I have no info on it.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Thanks for the quick and detailed answer. I owe you a beer or booze if you ever come to Poland!

Sorry for the succession of questions but I got another one: how to tell apart the bootleg edition of Savage Steel "Do Or Die" from the original pressing? Musik-sammler does not list the bootleg editon so I have no info on it.
Typical greek bootleg with the album title for Matrix.

I'll have your scans up for you this evening some time.