Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
akira

Post by akira »

Astra Wally wrote:Does DEMON EYES 'rites of chaos' CD reedition on Brennus include lyrics of the songs ?
Yes, it does
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

akira wrote:
Astra Wally wrote:Does DEMON EYES 'rites of chaos' CD reedition on Brennus include lyrics of the songs ?
Yes, it does
Ok thanks
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

I guess these Angel Dust CD's are bootlegs?
Please could anyone confirm that?

Thanks in advance!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

oldskoolcollector wrote:I guess these Angel Dust CD's are bootlegs?
Please could anyone confirm that?

Thanks in advance!
The top one is a bootleg for sure.

The bottom one, I can't tell for certain because it's too blurry when I zoom in.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

The top one has the same 'big' fatty matrix code of the fake Stormwitch "Tales of Terror" ... same bootleger ?
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Hahaha, fuck man. Angel Dust is decent enough,but they sure as hell don't merit the collector mania / rampant bootlegging. Must be at least half a dozen different fakes of Into the Dark Past by now.
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

The bottom one is for to dust you will decay right? If so, the bottom one looks like it has the right matrix, although compared to the other cds I have made by that plant the font size looks a little too small so its hard to tell but I think its a bootleg, also the matrix ring seems slightly bigger then the ring then other cds made in the same plant. But if it is a bootleg its a well done one, at least based on the bottom of the cd. Although, it could be legit and my eyes could be playing tricks on me its hard to tell. The first one is a bootleg 100% sure.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

oldskoolcollector, here is a larger scan of original To Dust You Will Decay you can compare against yours. I agree it's too small blurry to tell for sure, but you should be able to tell from this:

(certain this is the real one, this scan is from 2008 and they weren't making boots this convincing back then)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

slayerhatesusall wrote:The bottom one is for to dust you will decay right? If so, the bottom one looks like it has the right matrix, although compared to the other cds I have made by that plant the font size looks a little too small so its hard to tell but I think its a bootleg, also the matrix ring seems slightly bigger then the ring then other cds made in the same plant. But if it is a bootleg its a well done one, at least based on the bottom of the cd. Although, it could be legit and my eyes could be playing tricks on me its hard to tell. The first one is a bootleg 100% sure.
Only about 25% of the text is viewable for the bottom one. You can't tell from that scan.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

The bottom one may well be this boot:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANGEL-DUST-Dust ... 3cbc08e08a
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

Thank you all for sharing your information with me. They are both bootlegs. I don't have a picture of the front side of the CD.

So, if anyone have the original for sale, please let me know. I am still looking for the first and second CD of Angel Dust...
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

if any CD released year 1994 or 1995 has IFPI code, this mean it is re-issue?
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

gigadeth wrote:if any CD released year 1994 or 1995 has IFPI code, this mean it is re-issue?
IFPI codes where introduced in 1994, so if the CD was originally released in 1994 or 1995 there is a big chance it has IFPI codes.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

gigadeth wrote:if any CD released year 1994 or 1995 has IFPI code, this mean it is re-issue?
No, the majority of CD's released post 1993 have an IFPI Code as it became an industry standard in 1994. However, a CD with an IFPI Code that was originally put out in for example 1988, would indicate a repressing.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Avenger wrote:
Yakish wrote:I need your help again guys. This time Warrior "Fighting For The Earth" CD
I know about:
1990 - 10 Records Version
1991 - Metal Blade Version
2002 - 10 Records Bootleg

Who know matrix # or other info that can help to identify 10 Rec. boot & original (If it exist at all)?
I don't know, wasn't the original manufactured in Austria? Normally such discs are quite easy to spot.
Yes! I found a scan in japanese or chinese site of this CD. Definitely original from 1990 on 10 Records.