Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Avenger wrote:
Zdan wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Same as usual, the Matrix. The original has the typical Nimbus Matrix and also extremely heavy inserts that are almost cardboard like. There are 2 bootlegs that I know of. One, which has the same Matrix text as the original but obviously not in the right place or with the proper font/size etc. An original is quite rare as it's rumored that only 500 of these CD's were made. It will set you back $150-$200 if you can find one.
Thanks for the quick and detailed answer. I owe you a beer or booze if you ever come to Poland!

Sorry for the succession of questions but I got another one: how to tell apart the bootleg edition of Savage Steel "Do Or Die" from the original pressing? Musik-sammler does not list the bootleg editon so I have no info on it.
Typical greek bootleg with the album title for Matrix.

I'll have your scans up for you this evening some time.
Big thanks for the answer and for the scans. Now I gotta decide if I should go gunning for Savage Steel or for Coven.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:It is very interesting! Sure, i will wait for your scans Avenger
Sorry about the delay, It seems my memory is not so great these days, haha...

bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Avenger wrote:
Zdan wrote:Does anybody know how to tell apart the genuine Pantera "Power Metal" CD from the tons of bootlegs that are out there? A scan of the real thing would be great but any info would be great.
Same as usual, the Matrix. The original has the typical Nimbus Matrix and also extremely heavy inserts that are almost cardboard like. There are 2 bootlegs that I know of. One, which has the same Matrix text as the original but obviously not in the right place or with the proper font/size etc. An original is quite rare as it's rumored that only 500 of these CD's were made. It will set you back $150-$200 if you can find one.
Here a scan of the original Pantera - "Power Metal" Matrix:

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Avenger wrote:
Ahh thanks Avenger! This is your own copy? I am still not sure about authenticity of it. Font of digits and letters looks like on other old CDs, but type of matrix is not typical for old european Roadrunner CDs. I remember that they are started from SONOPRESS word, not like this DUR RR...
I don't really know...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Ahh thanks Avenger! This is your own copy? I am still not sure about authenticity of it. Font of digits and letters looks like on other old CDs, but type of matrix is not typical for old european Roadrunner CDs. I remember that they are started from SONOPRESS word, not like this DUR RR...
I don't really know...
That's not true. This CD was manufactured in the Netherlands by DURECO where as the "SONOPRESS" CD's were manufactured in Germany. This has to do with the company name of the plant that the CD was pressed in. For example, all the Overdrive label CD's were pressed by the same plant.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Avenger wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Zdan wrote:Does anybody know how to tell apart the genuine Pantera "Power Metal" CD from the tons of bootlegs that are out there? A scan of the real thing would be great but any info would be great.
Here a scan of the original Pantera - "Power Metal" Matrix:

Big thanks. Seems there are some for sale but for outrageous prices. Still not an essential record so I can skip that one.
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Is there a böötleg of KILLER "Fatal attraction" CD (1990 on Mausoleum Rec.)???

Matrix: Seedy 66901

I'm asking because there is no actual booklet but only the coverartwork as an inlay.
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nasty Uwe wrote:Is there a böötleg of KILLER "Fatal attraction" CD (1990 on Mausoleum Rec.)???

Matrix: Seedy 66901

I'm asking because there is no actual booklet but only the coverartwork as an inlay.
I'll have to check my copy when I get home. I don't remember if the booklet was just a single folded page or if it had several but Mausoleum was a pretty minimalist label especially in the 90's so it would make sense. I don't know of any bootlegs of this CD.
Zdan

Griffin mid-price serie bootleg?

Post by Zdan »

Hello - quick and urgent question here:

How to know the Griffin "Flight Of The Griffin" mid-price serie bootleg from the real thing? Is there any matrix difference or any other stuff to watch out for?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I have the Sortilege bootleg always on SPV midprice serie (same bootlegers I guess), the matrix is different ^^ usual album/band name instead of CDT etc.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

What is the deal with Retrospect Records reissues? I heard sources that all of their output is just CD-R's but some people say that they normal CD's also. I am concerned about stuff like Warminister, Hammerhead, D.C. Lacroix, Blitzkrieg or the Pandemonium albums - anybody have any info?
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Zdan wrote:What is the deal with Retrospect Records reissues? I heard sources that all of their output is just CD-R's but some people say that they normal CD's also. I am concerned about stuff like Warminister, Hammerhead, D.C. Lacroix, Blitzkrieg or the Pandemonium albums - anybody have any info?
Either way, don't support this asshole. Total rip-off dick.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

perishinflames wrote:
Zdan wrote:What is the deal with Retrospect Records reissues? I heard sources that all of their output is just CD-R's but some people say that they normal CD's also. I am concerned about stuff like Warminister, Hammerhead, D.C. Lacroix, Blitzkrieg or the Pandemonium albums - anybody have any info?
Either way, don't support this asshole. Total rip-off dick.
That much I know. However for curiosity's sake (and for information to a friend) I would like to know. Also interested in the Electric Eels album - I love that one so I would love to have it on CD.

Edit: Also to clear this up (cause I have not found a piece of information on it) were the Obsession re-issues on Metal Mayhem boots? And in general is Metal Mayhem a boot label?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The recent Pandemonium CD's are apparently co-released by Lost And Found and are silver discs. Granted Lost And Found's part in this release, these may be legitimate. The rest of the "releases" are to my knowledge CD-R's and very dubious bootleg crap. Again though, this "label" has been covered here in the past. Use the search function next time. It's now working again.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Avenger wrote:The recent Pandemonium CD's are apparently co-released by Lost And Found and are silver discs. Granted Lost And Found's part in this release, these may be legitimate. The rest of the "releases" are to my knowledge CD-R's and very dubious bootleg crap. Again though, this "label" has been covered here in the past. Use the search function next time. It's now working again.
Ok. Cool. Last time the search function was not working so I wanted to ask. I will try to find out stuff about the Obsession discs then.